RECIPE OF THE MONTH...
Anna Maria's Veal Meatballs!
Some people think I am crazy to post the recipe of one of my most popular appetizers...
But I can't tell how happy I am to share it!
Email me and let me know how yours came out!
1lb Eggplant Peeled & Diced Small
¼ Cup Olive Oil, Plus 1 Tbl
1lb Ground Veal
½ Cup Crumbled Goat Cheese
1/3 Cup Grated Cheese (Pecorino)
3 Tbl Fresh Chopped Parsley
3/4 Cup Minced Crust-less Paesano Bread-Preferably a day or 2 old (Or Regular Breadcrumbs)
¼ Cup Olive Oil
1 tsp Minced Garlic
1 tsp Minced Shallot
¾ tsp Salt
Pepper to taste
**Pre-heat oven to 350
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add diced eggplant, toss to coat and sauté until golden about 5 minutes. When golden, with a slotted spoon transfer to a plate lined with paper towel to absorb excess oil. Let it cool.
- In a small skillet sauté garlic & shallots over medium heat with the additional oil, until lightly golden about 2 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl mix ground veal with salt and pepper…add egg, bread crumbs, garlic, shallots, parsley, grated parmesean & sauteed eggplant. Mix and then add goat cheese and mix again.
- Between your palms, roll portions of the meat mixture into 1 to 1 ¼ inch balls.
- Lightly coat a baking sheet with oil spray and place meatballs on the baking sheet.
- Bake for approximately 20-30 minutes until cooked through.
- Serve with marinara sauce and top with grated parmesean to taste.
Yields approximately 15 meatballs depending on the size.
Larchmont , NY 10538 914.833.0555
Wednesday, Thursday: 5pm–9:30pm
Friday, Saturday: 4:30pm–10pm